INSTANT Conference 2023 will be offering a limited number of travel grants to participate in the conference in Trieste from 11-14 September. Grants may cover part or all of the travel costs associated with participating in the conference. Applications will be considered only upon abstract submission. Please submit your application here:
- Name, institutional affiliation, and contact email
- For Ph.D. and Masters students a 100 word statement of support from the supervisor; university/research center reference letter for ECRs and researchers in PDF format (file name: Surname_Name_Letter.pdf).
- Brief CV (max one page) in PDF format (file name: Surname_Name_CV.pdf)
- A one paragraph statement (max 200 words) explaining why you are seeking the grant, and how your works relates to INSTANT activities and how it will benefit you
- A brief budget description covering the amount you are seeking
- The title of the abstract you have submitted and the session.
Grants will be awarded based on a combination of need and scholarly merit. Successful applicants will normally book their own travel and then receive reimbursement directly from SCAR up to the sum specified in the travel award. Membership of SCAR INSTANT is not a prerequisite for applying.
Successful applicants will be notified within a month of the application deadline. If you have any questions contact email@example.com.
- Master students & PhD candidates: Applicants should be currently enrolled in a Master or a PhD program
- ECR: those who have obtained a PhD within 7 years of application. The period excludes career breaks due to parental leave, health issues, etc.
- Applicants from underrepresented regions in INSTANT, e.g. South America, Asia, Africa
Eligible costs: travel, accommodation, conference registration